Help Select the Slogan for the 30th El Tour de Tucson
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012
Each year El Tour has a slogan to express the theme of that year’s ride. Last year’s motto was: “El Tour, All About Giving”. In 1999, it was: “The Last Century of the Century”. Other catchlines have included: “Wellness on Wheels”; “Ride of a Lifetime”; “For the Health of It”; and “El Tour, the Journey is the Reward”.
This year we’re looking for a catchphrase that encompasses the 30th El Tour and Arizona’s 100th birthday. It may express celebration, challenge, surviving, continuance and accomplishment. You are invited to suggest this year’s slogan. If your submission is selected you will receive one complimentary entry into the 2012 El Tour plus $100!
So get those creative juices flowing – submit your clever catchline to: email@example.com by Monday, July 16 at 5:00 p.m. Limit two entries per person. The El Tour slogan will be selected at the board meeting on July 17 and announced on Facebook by Friday, July 20.
Check out some of the slogans already submitted:
(001) Coming Full Cycle
(002) Celebrate the Challenge
(003) 2012: History in the Making … Celebrating Three Decades of El Tour de Tucson and Arizona’s Centennial
(004) Past, Present, Future
(005) Coming of Age
(006) The History Tour
(007) Going the Distance
(008) Looking Back, Looking Forward
(009) Meeting Milestones Together
(010) Since it is the 100-years of AZ, and El Tour is about 100-miles how about: Cycling Toward the Next Century
(011) 30 El Tours and Still in Love
(012) 130: 100 and 30 YEARS! El Tour IS Arizona
(013) A Diamond Tour for AZentennial
(014) Celebrating 30 years of personal challenge and Arizona’s first 100 years
(015) Celebrating 30 years of personal challenge and Arizona’s first 100 years
(016) A birthday toast: Here’s to OUR health – Arizona, 100; El Tour, 30
(017) For the love of cycling …