El Tour Adventure Run
Event Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
Start time: 7:00am
Results are posted HERE.
Congratulations to all for a great event!
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER – Saturday, September 21st Be at the start line no later than 6:00am to register in person:
St Gregory Preparatory School
3231 N Craycroft Rd
(S of River, North of Ft Lowell)
Bring cash or check
$35 = Registration $25 + late fee $10
Limited number of t-shirts are available for $10.
at St. Gregory or save the parking lot hassle and park at Ft. Lowell Park a few blocks south of St. Gregory on Craycroft on the east side. You’ll be glad you did.
HOTLINE : 520-301-0323
Dust off your running shoes and get ready for the 16th annual Diamond Ventures El Tour Adventure 10K & 5K Run/Walk. This is an event for people of all ages and abilities to enjoy fitness and fun.
BENEFITING BEN’S BELLS PROJECT: believe in the power of kindness!
Registration is open until event morning – avoid the rush and register at Packet Pickup:
El Tour Headquarters, 2609 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ
hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Starting and finishing at St. Gregory’s College Preparatory School on Craycroft south of River, participants will follow the tranquil multi-use Rillito River Path, avoiding motor vehicle traffic on the streets.
Proceeds from the event benefit Ben’s Bells Project and MyTeam Triumph. Ben’s Bells is a community art project that demonstrates and encourages kindness. MyTeam Triumph is an athlete ride-along program created for children and adults with disabilities who would normally not be able to experience athletic events.
Check out the info below for
St. Gregory College Preparatory School
3231 N. Craycroft Rd., Tucson, AZ
Start Time: 7:00 a.m. (new time in 2013)
Route: Mostly away from traffic on the scenic Rillito River multi-use path. Click HERE for the map.
- Open to runners and walkers of all ages and skill levels
- Timed finish
- Am I Registered? Click HERE to see the list.
- Strollers welcome! (free registration, but must register)
- Special Ben’s Bell Medallion to all finishers
- Water at all aid stations
- Fruit & snacks at the Finish
- Results published in Tail Winds Nov/Dec issue
- Age division awards mailed after event
- Highest Money Raiser Award
- A Special Ben’s Bells Medallion to all finishers
- A Conquistador Trophy goes to the:
+ Top Three Male & Female finishers (10K & 5K)
+ Youngest Male & Female (10K & 5K)
+ Most Distinguished (65+) Male & Female (10K & 5K)
+ Diamond in the Rough Finisher (last 10k finisher)
+ High Money Raiser. To qualify a minimum of $500
in contributions must be turned in before the event start.
- A special certificate will go to the top three men and women in 15 age divisions within three weeks of the event. These will not be awarded on event day.
The Conquistador Trophy
This unique hand-made metal sculpture is El Tour’s highest honor.
- Late fee of $10 after Friday, September 6, 2013
- Hardcopy application available now, HERE
- Online registration is open now!
- Registration open until 6:45am at the start line.
Avoid the last minute rush – register before event day and make packet pick up a breeze!
- $25 Registration
- $10 Late Fee after September 6, 2013
- $10 Event t-shirt
- Contribute to Kindness and Ben’s Bells!
$10 allows 10 cars to display “Be Kind” stickers
$25 provides Kind Kids program in one elementary school classroom
$75 supplies Ben’s Bells Kindness Coins for 5 Kind Kids schools
$100 recognizes one weekly “Belling” in Tucson
$500 implements the Kind Kids program for one K-5 school for a year
$1,000 installs one “Be Kind” mosaic mural in the community
Packet Pick Up and Late Registration
Thursday & Friday, September 19 & 20
10:00am – 6:00pm
El Tour Run Headquarters
2609 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85716
Run Day Registration
Saturday, September 21
5:30am – 6:45am
at the Start Line
Start Time – 10k and 5k – 7:00am
Awards Ceremony – 9:00am