El Tour Adventure Run
Dust off your running shoes and get ready for the 18th annual Diamond Ventures El Tour Adventure 10K & 5K Run/Walk along the Rillito River path. This is an event for all ages and abilities to enjoy fitness and fun.
BENEFITING Girls on the Run Tucson
Learn more about how these young girls are empowered and transformed, click here
Online registration is open NOW! Click here to get started!
Download a pdf of the application here when available by July 31st)
questions: info@ perimeterbicycling.com
Starting and finishing at The Gregory School (formerly St. Gregory’s) on Craycroft south of River, participants will follow the tranquil multi-use Rillito River Path, avoiding motor vehicle traffic on the streets.
Proceeds from the event benefit Girls on the Run Tucson (GOTR). Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade.
Check out the info below for
Registration details • Awards • Deadlines • Route
Questions? See below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gregory School (formerly St. Gregory’s)
3231 N. Craycroft Rd., Tucson, AZ 85712
plenty of parking on site or at Ft. Lowell Park to the south of the school.
Course Map HERE
Start Time: 7:00 a.m.
Route: Mostly away from traffic on the scenic Rillito River multi-use path. Click HERE for the map.
Construction of the sewer line Interceptor Project is scheduled for completion by August 2015. Please click this link for Pima County information page.
UPDATE 6-23-15: North side of Rillito River multi-use path is paved and ready for use. Construction of Interceptor Project continues on the south bank. See link above for details.
UPDATE 7-10-15: South side of the Rillito multi-use path is paved and ready for use. Construction continues, however, the route is no longer impacted. The event route will be as advertised on the route map.
General Information & Benefits for all participants ...more
- Open to runners and walkers of all ages and skill levels
- Timed finish (manual, not electronic)
- Strollers welcome! (free registration, but must register)
- A unique colorful medallion to all finishers
- Water at all aid stations
- Fruit & snacks at the Finish
- Results published in Tail Winds Nov/Dec issue
- Age division awards mailed after event
- Highest Money Raiser Award
- Am I Registered? Click HERE to see the list.
- A Medallion to all finishers
- A special certificate will go to the top three men and women in 15 age divisions within three weeks of the event. These will not be awarded on event day.
- A Conquistador Trophy goes to the:
+ Top Three Male & Female finishers (10K & 5K)
+ Youngest Male & Female (10K & 5K)
+ Most Distinguished (65+) Male & Female (10K & 5K)
+ Diamond in the Rough Finisher (last 10k finisher)
+ High Money Raisers. Turn in a minimum of $500
in contributions before the event start.
+ The Girls On The Run (GOTR) Team. This is awarded to the GOTR with the most registered walkers/runners regardless of distance. If you are running/walking for a team, please be sure we know: email@example.com.
The Conquistador Trophy
This unique hand-made metal sculpture is El Tour’s highest honor.
Registration Details ...more
- Late fee of $10 after September 4, 2015
- Hard copy application is available – come to packet pickup to register:
El Tour Run HQ, 2609 E Broadway Blvd, Thu/Fri (Sep 17 & 18) 10-6.
- Online registration closes on September 15th.
- Registration open until 6:45am at the start line.
Avoid the last minute rush – register before event day and make packet pick up a breeze!
- Stroller kids welcome for free but must register and are not eligible for awards.
- Questions: registration @perimeterbicycling.com
- $25 Registration includes a $5 contribution to Girls On The Run.
- $10 Late Fee after September 4, 2015
- $10 extra for an Event t-shirt
Your additional contribution for Girls on the Run is appreciated!
How your extra support helps:
+ $25 contribution helps provide pre- or post- workout snacks for the team
+ $50 contribution helps provide running gear for the girls
(t-shirts, water bottles and backpacks)
+ $75 contribution helps provide a scholarship for one girl for the season
+ $100 contribution helps provide one pair of new running shoes for one girl
+ $500 contribution helps provide new running shoes for five girls
and you will earn Conquistador Trophy – El Tour’s highest honor!
Packet Pick Up and Late Registration ...more
Thursday & Friday, September 17 & 18
10:00am – 6:00pm
El Tour Run Headquarters
2609 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85716
Run Day Registration ...more
Saturday, September 19
5:30am – 6:45am
at the Start Line – avoid the rush, register as soon as possible.
Start Time – 10k and 5k – 7:00am
Awards Ceremony – 9:00am
Past Event Results HERE