12th Indoor El Tour
Ride for minutes not miles!
Thank you cyclists, beneficiaries, volunteers and sponsors
for making the 2016 Indoor El Tour a success!
Check out the 2016
Indoor El Tour
presented by Arizona Health
Results not showing or you didn’t report your minutes? Write to Indoor@perimeterbicycling.com. Thanks!
Information below is about the 2016 event
To simplify your registration process, select one
(1) Go directly to
(2) Learn more about Indoor El Tour
(3) To register for a different El Tour activity choose from below
(4) Check out Indoor El Tour’s weekly contest on Facebook! You could win some great prizes!
A program of the Tucson Medical Center 34th El Tour de Tucson presented by Casino Del Sol, Indoor El Tour is designed for anyone to start or continue the journey of living a healthy lifestyle. This cycling event is for people of all ages and abilities that benefits local and national charities. Participants choose to ride 10, 28, 37, 54, 76 or 106 or more minutes on a stationary bicycle any where in the world. All you need is a stationary bicycle or bicycle trainer and the drive to ride for minutes, not miles!
- How do I Register?
- Find an Indoor El Tour Center to ride your event.
- Learn more about the Beneficiaries of Indoor El Tour and how you can fund raise for them.
- See previous years Results & Awards.
- Ride your bike in school with the Indoor School Program.
- Read about Indoor’s Rules & Benefits.
Indoor El Tour Stories
El Tour is all about cyclists, families, achievements and fun. Check out some Indoor stories from past events – Indoor El Tour stories....
Susan P Moore from Sun Lakes, Arizona
Sue rode 900 mins for an Indoor El Tour Record! I have always participated in sports. As a child I had polio. It was non-paralytic. I took ballet to strengthen my legs~guess it worked! My sister and I biked everywhere. College came and went, not much biking…During my married life, I began biking again. My first ‘El Tour de Tucson’ was in 1984. I worked with Richard almost from the very beginning doing marketing, and anything else I could do, to further the promotion of ‘El Tour’. Perimeter Bicycling came soon thereafter. Throughout most of this time, I drank alcoholically. I got sober in 1987, and continue to enjoy a sober life! I am so proud of ‘El Tour de Tucson’, and will always be grateful to Richard DeBernardis for our long friendship!
Edward Haugland from Saddlebrooke, Arizona
I am 74 years old and have been riding road bicycles with the Saddlebrooke Cyclemasters since we moved to Tucson 15 years ago. I have ridden in 11 El Tours. In the last 2 years, I have had 2 bad falls resulting in fractured ribs, a fractured pelvis, a broken hip and 2 bad concussions. I felt that I had to stop cycling rather than risk another concussion. So I have taken up stationary bicycling. Today’s ride was my opportunity to participate in El Tour de Tucson this year.
Charlotte Swank from Vail, Arizona
I had major hip surgery in February of this year (2015) as I have hip dysplaysia and hypermobility syndrome (Periacetabular Osteotomy). My hip is still held together with 3 screws, but I’m really working on getting strong again and taking part in awesome things like this! Thank you so much for providing an outlet where anyone can get involved! I appreciate it!
Joan Garbe from Fort Huachuca, Arizona
I rode in Indoor El Tour to put a face to Team RWB (Red White & Blue), a non-profit veterans organization. Team RWB inspires me to remain socially active by connecting with veterans and non-veterans, as well as physically active through the camaraderie of fellow athletes. Cycling events like Indoor El Tour further inspires me by allowing me to do both as well as challenging me to push myself. Thanks Perimeter Bicycling for continuing to put on a fun activity that allows everyone to participate wherever they are!
Sally Montagne from Vail, AZ
I rode to support Rotary International’s goal to end polio in the world.
Richard Lynn Smith from Scottsdale, AZ
I love cycling. I’ve been a Rotarian for 30 years in the Phoenix 100 Rotary Club. I’m proud that Rotary has fought to eliminate Polio from the world during the years I’ve been involved. (We’re almost there!) I’m glad you gave me the opportunity to be involved in El Tour in this fashion.
|106 or more|
|76 – 105|
|54 – 75|
|37 – 53|
|28 – 36|
|10 – 27|
- Participation in Ride Day events
- Results (name and time) published in Tail Winds
- Results posted on perimeterbicycling.com
- Free entry into El Tour Bicycle, Fitness & Health Expo
- Must be honest – the honor system applies.
- Must ride a form of stationary bicycle: Lifecycle, bicycle on a trainer or rollers, handcycle, spin bike, etc. Note: Riding a bicycle on the road does not qualify.
- Indoor El Tour can only be done between Saturday November 12th at 7:00am and Saturday November 19th at 4:00pm.
- While riding your Indoor event, your legs must be continually moving in a forward direction throughout your time on the stationary bicycle.
- Teams must have a team captain and each team member must indicate on the application the name of the team. Teams cannot be named after the event – see awards section
- Riding for the record: All record attempts must be observed by a pre-approved El Tour Official Monitor.
- For an official record: after the first 106 minutes of continuous forward pedaling, participants may take a break for five minutes every hour then continue pedaling. Any break longer than 5 minutes will end the attempt.
- Rules for Teams are listed in Team Award Description.
- To be eligible for awards, participants must have an El Tour Official present and the Official must complete the Indoor El Tour Completion Form.
- You must submit the Indoor El Tour Completion Form on or before December 1, 2016.
Submit a photo of yourself doing Indoor El Tour –
you may see your photo in Tail Winds!
Check out the 2016 results HERE!
Ccongratulations to Ole Olson –
this year’s Indoor TOP PEDALER
with 600 minutes in the saddle!
Ole has been riding El Tour for many years supporting
Ride for a Child (Tu Nidito Children & Family Services).
When he couldn’t make it to Tucson to ride on the road,
he opted for Indoor and with the support of friends,
this 80-year old from Chula Vista, CA pedaled for 10 hours.
Great job Ole!
Congratulations to everyone who completed the
2015 Indoor El Tour.
View the 2015 Indoor El Tour Results.