Welcome to Indoor El Tour!
Ride for minutes not miles
Ride 10, 25, 50 or 100 minutes or more
Indoor El Tour is a cycling event without traffic or crowds! You don’t need a helmet, worry about cars, congestion or accidents. Can be done without leaving your house. Can wear anything you want – even your birthday suit! It’s an event that helps you stay fit and healthy and where you can participate anywhere in the world. All you need is a stationary bicycle where you ride for minutes not miles.
Information below is for the 2019 Indoor El Tour
updates for 2019!
Saturday, November 16 – Saturday, November 23, 2019
(A) Register now, benefits & rules
(B) Read more about the event: description & information
(C) View past results
(E) Read stories about past participants
(F) Indoor Completion Form HERE – ride, fill out & send in
(F) Questions: email@example.com
A program of El Tour de Tucson, Indoor El Tour is designed for anyone starting or continuing the journey of living a healthy lifestyle. This cycling event is for people of all ages and abilities benefiting local and national charities. Participants choose to ride 10, 25, 50 or 100* or more minutes on a stationary bicycle any where in the world. All you need is a stationary bicycle or bicycle trainer and the drive to ride for minutes, not miles!
* times generally mirror the distances of El Tour’s main event road distances.
- Find an Indoor El Tour Center to ride your event.
- Learn more about the Beneficiaries of Indoor El Tour and how you can fund raise for them.
- See previous years Results & Awards.
- Ride your bike in school with the Indoor School Program.
- Read about Indoor’s Rules & Benefits.
All Indoor El Tour participants receive
|100 or more minutes|
|75 – 99 minutes|
|50 – 74 minutes|
|25 – 49 minutes|
|10 – 24 minutes|
- Free entry into El Tour Bicycle, Fitness & Health Expo.
- Free access to all in El Tour Ride Day activities
- Results (name and time) published in Tail Winds newspaper
- Results posted on perimeterbicycling.com
Level 1 Indoor: $10 entry fee
receive results (based on achievement level) published on our website and printed in Tail Winds newspaper.
Level 2 Indoor: $20 entry fee (USA only)
receive a special Indoor Medallion for your Achievement Level and results published on our website and printed in Tail Winds newspaper.
- Must be honest – the honor system applies.
- Must ride a form of stationary bicycle: Lifecycle, bicycle on a trainer or rollers, handcycle, spin bike, etc. Note: Riding a bicycle on the road does not qualify.
- Indoor El Tour may only be done between Saturday, November 16th at 7 a.m. and Saturday, November 23 at 4 p.m.
- While riding your Indoor event, your legs must be continually moving in a forward direction throughout your time on the stationary bicycle – no coasting.
- Teams must have a captain and each team member must indicate on the application the name of the team. Teams cannot be named after the event – see awards section
- Riding for the record: All record attempts must be observed by a pre-approved El Tour Official Monitor.
- For an official record: after the first 100 minutes of continuous forward pedaling, participants may take a break for five minutes every hour then continue pedaling. Any break longer than 5 minutes will end the attempt.
- Rules for Teams are listed in Team Award Description.
- To be eligible for awards, participants must have an El Tour Official present and the Official must complete the Indoor El Tour Completion Form.
- You must submit the Indoor El Tour Completion Form on or before December 1, 2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a completion form.
or Download a pdf application HERE
El Tour is all about cyclists, families, achievements and fun. Check out some Indoor stories from past events – Indoor El Tour stories....
John and Marga Hewko, 2018 – Rotary International is committed to eradicating Polio with help from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who matches each Rotary dollar with two more! John is the Secretary General of Rotary International who road in El Tour’s main event in Tucson. Only 15 cases of Polio were reported in 2017. Hopefully those cases will be the LAST ever!
LaMont Hunley (center) of Arizona Health provided beautiful equipment for Indoor El Tour at Expo and the finish line. Arizona Health is the leading edge in fitness equipment in Tucson offering the most respected brands available providing quality exercise equipment and exceptional customer service with total integrity.
Edward Haugland from Saddlebrooke, Arizona
I am over 70 years old and have been riding road bicycles with the Saddlebrooke Cyclemasters since we moved to Tucson 15 years ago. I have ridden in 11 El Tours. In the last 2 years, I have had 2 bad falls resulting in fractured ribs, a fractured pelvis, a broken hip and 2 bad concussions. I felt that I had to stop cycling rather than risk another concussion. So I have taken up stationary bicycling. Today’s ride was my opportunity to participate in El Tour de Tucson this year.
Charlotte Swank from Vail, Arizona
I had major hip surgery in February of 2015 as I have hip dysplaysia and hypermobility syndrome (Periacetabular Osteotomy). My hip is still held together with 3 screws, but I’m really working on getting strong again and taking part in awesome things like this! Thank you so much for providing an outlet where anyone can get involved! I appreciate it!
Joan Garbe from Fort Huachuca, Arizona
I rode in Indoor El Tour to put a face to Team RWB (Red White & Blue), a non-profit veterans organization. Team RWB inspires me to remain socially active by connecting with veterans and non-veterans, as well as physically active through the camaraderie of fellow athletes. Cycling events like Indoor El Tour further inspires me by allowing me to do both as well as challenging me to push myself. Thanks Perimeter Bicycling for continuing to put on a fun activity that allows everyone to participate wherever they are!
Richard Lynn Smith from Scottsdale, AZ
I love cycling. I’ve been a Rotarian for 30 years in the Phoenix 100 Rotary Club. I’m proud that Rotary has fought to eliminate Polio from the world during the years I’ve been involved. (We’re almost there!) I’m glad you gave me the opportunity to be involved in El Tour in this fashion.