Welcome to Arizona’s Largest & Longest-Running Bicycling Event – the 36th El Tour!
2018 Registration is OPEN! Check it out!
About El Tour
Held annually the Saturday before Thanksgiving, El Tour is a fund raising adventure ride attracting over 9,000 cyclists of all ages and abilities from throughout the United States and worldwide, consisting of novice, intermediate, advanced, and professional cyclists.
- Tucson one of America’s Best Places for Bikes – People for Bikes, Tucson ranked fifth overall and second highest score of all large U.S. cities as America’s Best Places for Bikes. http://bit.ly/2HPvjw4– May 2, 2018
- Tucson #7 – U.S. News & World Report, “Best Weekend Getaways” – April 1, 2017
- Tucson #6 – Travel Channel “Top 10 Best Bike Cities” – May 2015
- Tucson Ranked Among Nation’s Most Bikeable Cities – Walk Score’s rankings place the city 9th – May 2015
- Tucson #1 – Atlantic, overall city with the “Most Bikeable Neighborhoods” – May 2013
- Tucson #8 – Bike Score “Most Bikeable Large U.S. Cities” – May 2013
- Tucson #1 – Outside’s “Top 10 Best Bike Towns” – May 2012
- “The Best in Cycling in November. Ride with 9,000 friends, El Tour de Tucson” Bicycling Magazine, November 2010
- “Tucson best road-biking city in the country” Outside Magazine, August 2010
- “America’s Best Cities for Bikers” – Tucson #5 Forbes.com, April 2010
Cyclists of every age and ability enjoy cycling El Tour and its festivities out of a passion for cycling, as a benchmark for their fitness as part of a healthy lifestyle change, as a wellness program goal or even as a survivor of cancer or other life challenge. Many are attracted to El Tour’s fundraising programs and its many charitable agencies. All El Tour riders share a desire to ride, meet great people, raise contributions and have a fun time doing it.
The Beneficiaries. Through the years over $90 million has been raised through El Tour for over 50 different local & national nonprofit organizations. Check out the current list of charities which is always growing!
Cyclists pedal main event distances of 100, 75, 50, or 25 miles or choose the Fun Ride of 10, 4, 1 miles or a fun 1/4 mile activity course. Main event routes feature beautiful vistas of Tucson’s four surrounding mountain ranges – three rise over 9,000 feet- against the backdrop of the majestic Saguaro cactus, icon of the Sonoran Desert. Course profiles range from flat to rolling or moderately hilly. The 25-mile route is mostly flat and is great for families and perfect for a first-time event! An often dry but sandy creek crossing will greet 100 and 75-milers in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains. All routes offer aid stations with water and snacks about 7-12 miles apart, police support at intersections and plenty of morale-boosting volunteers and spectators. The Fun Ride offers easy and scenic routes along the Santa Cruz River-part of The Loop, Pima County’s famous multi-use path.
The 102-mile start line (and finish line for all events) is located at Armory Park across the street from Children’s Museum Tucson. Crossing the finish line ushers the riders into the next event-El Tour Downtown Fiesta! First order of business for cyclists: collect a special finisher’s medallion based on distance and/or finish time. Next, celebrate with family and friends at the Fiesta complete with non-stop music, the Beer Garden, food vendors, El Tour Perimeter Store merchandise, kids activities, the Grand Cycling Awards Ceremony, and more!
Can’t be in Tucson on Ride Day, or simply prefer to stay off the streets? Indoor El Tour is the answer! It is a stationary cycling event – no traffic, no safety hazards, no headwinds, but still loads of fun. Ride for minutes instead of miles while supporting Perimeter Bicycling charities and receive a special medallion. Indoor El Tour begins one week prior to the main event and may be ridden anywhere on the planet on any stationary bike or on Ride Day at the Finish Line.
Questions: info @ perimeterbicycling.com