Ronald McDonald House
We believe that when you change a child’s life, you change a family’s, which can change a community, and ultimately the world. We strive to be part of that change and part of the solution in improving the lives of children and their families by providing programs that strengthen families during their most difficult or challenging times. We extend our reach and impact by leveraging our 38 years of experience and strong relationships with local communities and people in the field to continually establish Chapters across the globe. We continually work to improve and expand our core programs, while also developing new services to address the unique needs of the communities we serve.
For the first time, we are partnering with The University of Arizona Medical Center 30th El Tour de Tucson to help meet our goals. El Tour is community event for cyclists of all ages and abilities offering distances of 42, 60, 85 or 111 miles. There is also the Diamond Children’s El Tour Fun Ride presented by McDonalds with 10, 4 or ¼ miles.
We invite you to ride El Tour for benefit of Ronald McDonald House.
Please see below to learn more about El Tour and how to register.
- El Tour registration for Ronald McDonald House closes on Friday, November 9, 2012.
- Cost to register for Ronald McDonald House: $150.00. Proceeds from your entry go to Ronald McDonald House and are tax deductible as allowed by the IRS.
- All cyclists are required to pick up his/her own packet at El Tour Expo and show a photo ID. Expo details here…
- There are absolutely no refunds for event fees or merchandise. Please Read our Refund/Privacy Policies
- Event entries are non-transferable to another rider or event.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please familiarize yourself with all event Rules . Some noteable ones are:
Aerobars are prohibited . If they are on your bike, please remote them prior to the ride.
CPSC-approved helmet required .
The course closes at 6:00 p.m. (sunset is around 5:30 p.m). If you expect to finish after 5:30 p.m., you must have legal lighting on your bicycle. After 6:00 p.m., you will be SAG’d to the finish line.
- Registration for the Diamond Children’s El Tour Fun Ride presented by McDonald’s must be done on hardcopy application. More information here.
El Tour Event Benefits for All Cyclists:
- Medallion to all finishers
- Free admission to El Tour Expo
- Event T-shirt
- Fruit, snacks and water at aid stations every 7-12 miles
- SAG support on the route
- Opportunity to earn special awards
- Traffic control on route
- Special rates at host hotels (limited offer)
- First Aid support
- Annual subscription to Tail Winds newspaper
- Electronically timed finish
- Results published on El Tour’s website and in Tail Winds