Beneficiaries & Fundraising
Indoor El Tour Beneficiaries
The following 501(c)3 non-profit organizations are benefiting from Indoor El Tour. All funds raised go directly to your chosen charity. Select one of these organizations to ride for this year. This list will be updated as more charities sign on.
- Rotary District 5500- Ride to End Polio: Rotary’s top priority is eradicating polio. The contributions you raise will support immunization campaigns in developing countries where polio continues to infect and paralyze children, robbing them of their futures and compounding the hardships faced by their families. As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, children everywhere remain at risk. By seeking contributions in support of your Ride to End Polio, you can help Rotary achieve a polio-free world. Register here.
- Cakes for Causes: A 100% volunteer organization consisting of cake decorators, bakers, sugar artists and anyone else who wants to heal the world through sugar art. We provide, at no cost, decorative cakes, or other baked goods, and/or sugar art for other 501(c)(3) groups’ parties, fundraising events or learning sessions. We bring premium products and services within reach of non-profits to allow them to better use their funds toward their missions. Register here.
- Beads of Courage: Thank you for having the courage to care! We are Beads dedicated to helping children with serious illness record, tell and own their stories of survival. We have been working diligently to transform the treatment experience for children coping with chronic, life threatening illness through our arts-in-medicine programs. Since our inception, our organization has established our programs in over 240 children’s hospitals in the United States, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom and Japan. Our growth is evidence of the need for the type of support Beads of Courage provides for children coping with serious illness. Register here.
- Arizona’s Children Association: Arizona’s best resource for helping children and families. Our programs target the type of future we all want to see: a future where every child has a safe and loving home and families are supported through difficult and trying circumstances. It is our commitment to provide a specifically tailored continuum of services to children and families in need. All programs are family focused, strength-based, culturally sensitive and outcome driven. Register here.
Here are some ideas to help you get started fundraising for one of Indoor El Tour’s Beneficiaries:
- Announce on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram that you are riding Indoor El Tour!
- Encourage everyone to join you in riding Indoor El Tour.
- Post photos of your workouts with the #indooreltour.
- Ask friends to join an Indoor El Tour Team!
- Explain your fundraising goals and update frequently.
- Let your friends know where their fundraising dollars are going.
- Write an awesome email to all your friends, family, and acquaintances.
- Tell them you are riding in the Indoor El Tour, that it is a charity event, and that they can help you reach your fundraising goals.
- Break it down for them: ask for manageable sums.
- Show them how your charity helps others; explain the organization’s mission and how they spend fundraising dollars.
- Ask an individual or business to commit a dollar amount per minute that you ride Indoor El Tour. For example, you ride forty minutes and the sponsor pays $40.
- Ride as a team for a Beneficiary and fund raise together. A group often has more success with businesses.