Registration for El Tour 2015 is open NOW!
Welcome to El Tour Registration. Please read the following information thoroughly there are important changes this year.
Click the drop-down boxes below to find: Registration Deadlines & Details; El Tour Event Benefits for all Cyclists; and El Tour Fee Options & Fundraising Benefits. Thanks and enjoy your ride.
If you’d like to get right to it and read everything later click here:
Remember- fees go up over time so the sooner you register, the lower the fees
Reminder: The course closes at 5:00pm.
All route support will stop at that time. Visit the route/map page for more information.
El Tour is a FUND RAISING EVENT!
Registering through Perimeter Bicycling (below, through this site) will give you an opportunity to raise funds for our primary beneficiary, Easter Seals and a chance to win the the Treasure Chest. Each of El Tour’s SUPPORTING BENEFICIARIES have special programs with additional benefits & prizes if you register through them and raise contributions just for them.
Check them out!
- Registration for the El Tour Fun Ride and Bike Patrol must be done on hardcopy application. Registration for Bike Patrol will open by end of July, for FUN RIDE in by the end of August.
- You are required to pick-up your own rider packet at EXPO. Photo ID is required.
- There are absolutely no refunds for event fees or merchandise.
Please Read our Refund/Privacy Policies
- Event entries are not transferable to another rider or event.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please familiarize yourself with all event Rules. Some noteable ones are:
- Aerobars are prohibited. If they are on your bike, please remove them prior to the ride [no tribikes].
- Human powered vehicles only! Motor (electronic/gas) assisted bicycles are PROHIBITED!
- CPSC-approved helmet must be properly worn.
- Earbuds in both ears are prohibited. One ear must NOT be
obstructed so you can be alert to other cyclists, motor vehicles,
event officials, etc.
- The course closes at 5:00pm.
After 5:00 pm, you will be SAG’d to the finish line.
Legal lighting on your bike is required after 5:20pm (sunset). If there is a chance you will be on the roads after 5:20pm, you must have legal lighting on your bicycle.
Please Review The Following Topics
- Click the topic heading below to expand each section:
|||||||||REGISTRATION DEADLINES & DETAILS: more...
- Online registration closes Tuesday, November 17, 2015.
- Last chance to register is November 19th & 20th: at El Tour Expo. Fees go up over time – save money and – register NOW online.
- Registration closes Friday, November 20th. Limit: 10,000 cyclists. Avoid the rush, register NOW.
|||||||||EL TOUR EVENT BENEFITS FOR ALL CYCLISTS: more...
- Medallion to all finishers
- Free admission to El Tour Bicycle, Fitness & Health Expo
- Event T-shirt
- Fruit, snacks and water at aid stations every 7-12 miles
- SAG support
- Opportunity to earn special awards
- Traffic control on route
- Special rates at host hotels (limited offer)
- First Aid support
- Annual subscription to Tail Winds newspaper
- Electronically timed finish
- Results published on website and in Tail Winds
|||||||||EL TOUR FEE OPTIONS AND FUND RAISING BENEFITS: more...
Adults: Age 15 and over on ride day.
Youth: Age 14 & under on ride day.
El Tour’s Entry Fee is comprised of three elements: Processing Fee, Registration Fee and Minimum Contribution for all riders. The Processing Fee goes up over time, please see the chart below. You will have an opportunity to raise more funds for our primary beneficiary after you initially register.
In 2015, we return to our traditional fee structure:
Fees are comprised of three elements: Processing Fee, Registration Fee and Contribution. Everyone pays a processing fee and contribution. If you elect to collect a minimum contribution of $200 (& more), your registration fee is FREE, paid by the primary beneficiary. Check out the chart below.
You can pay JUST THE PROCESSING FEE NOW to get your entry processed. Once that is paid, you have until you pick up your packet (info here) to pay the balance. The online program requires you to pay Level 1 (see below) in full when you register. If you’d like to register now and pay just the processing fee now, please select level 2. We hope you will collect the $200 in contributions, but at packet pickup you can pay the balance at level 1. Quirk of the system… sorry for the confusion.
Looking for the FUN RIDE? Fees; $15 per individual or for a group of four or more $10 per person. Fun Ride details HERE
To be eligible for awards and prizes, all contributions by main event cyclists (104, 75, 55, or 40 miles) must be received by Perimeter Bicycling by Friday, November 20, 2015.
WIN THE TREASURE CHEST: The person who raises the most money for our primary beneficiary by Friday, November 20 is awarded the Treasure Chest with gifts and prizes valued over $3,000. To qualify, a minimum of $3,000 must be raised and turned in to Perimeter Bicycling by Friday, November 20, 2015 for main event cyclists.
|Perimeter Bicycling Membership||El Tour Perimeter Store|
Perimeter Bicycling Association of America Inc. is a membership supported 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to enhance wellness by promoting bicycling as a means to good mental and physical health by producing bicycling events benefiting other non-profit organizations. Your participation in our events supports this goal. Please consider becoming a member of Perimeter Bicycling as we continue to develop programs that enhance our community.To learn more or become a member, click here.
Get your specially designed El Tour jersey! Pre order yours through the store. The design is targeted for release in September.Visit El Tour Perimeter Store and order yours today!