“The best laid plans oft go awry”
Registration for El Tour 2015 will open on February 4th!
We planned to open on Feb 1, but all the elements
haven’t quite fallen into place, so we’re delayed until the 4th.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Never fear! El Tour will be on November 21st this year!
The first 20 to register online will get a 2-digit number!
If you have any questions, please email Barbara: registration @ perimeterbicycling.com
Please review the info below for fees, benefits and more.
Welcome to El Tour Registration. Please read the following information thoroughly there are important changes this year.
Click the drop-down boxes below to find: Registration Deadlines & Details; El Tour Event Benefits for all Cyclists; and El Tour Fee Options & Fundraising Benefits. Thanks and enjoy your ride.
Remember- fees go up over time so the sooner you register, the lower the fees
-Reminder: The course closes at 5:00pm.
All route support will stop at that time; please plan to finish by that time. Visit the route/map page for more information.
- Registration for the El Tour Fun Ride and Bike Patrol must be done on hardcopy application. Registration for Bike Patrol will open by end of July, for FUN RIDE in by the end of August.
- You are required to pick-up your own rider packet at EXPO. Photo ID is required.
- There are absolutely no refunds for event fees or merchandise.
Please Read our Refund/Privacy Policies
- Event entries are not transferable to another rider or event.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please familiarize yourself with all event Rules. Some noteable ones are:
- Aerobars are prohibited. If they are on your bike, please remove them prior to the ride [no tribikes].
- CPSC-approved helmet must be properly worn.
- Earbuds in both ears are prohibited. One ear must NOT be
obstructed so you can be alert to other cyclists, motor vehicles,
event officials, etc.
- *NEW* the course closes at 5:00pm.
Legal lighting on your bike is required after 5:20pm (sunset). If there is a chance you will be on the roads after 5:20pm, you must have legal lighting on your bicycle. After 5:00 pm, you will be SAG’d to the finish line.
Please Review The Following Topics
- Click the topic heading below to expand each section:
|||||||||REGISTRATION DEADLINES & DETAILS: more...
- Online registration closes Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
- Last chance to register is November 20th & 21st: at El Tour Expo. Fees go up over time – save money and – register NOW online.
- Registration closes Friday, November 21st. Limit: 10,000 cyclists. Avoid the rush, register NOW.
|||||||||EL TOUR EVENT BENEFITS FOR ALL CYCLISTS: more...
- Medallion to all finishers
- Free admission to El Tour Bicycle, Fitness & Health Expo
- Event T-shirt
- Fruit, snacks and water at aid stations every 7-12 miles
- SAG support
- Opportunity to earn special awards
- Traffic control on route
- Special rates at host hotels (limited offer)
- First Aid support
- Annual subscription to Tail Winds newspaper
- Electronically timed finish
- Results published on website and in Tail Winds
|||||||||EL TOUR FEE OPTIONS AND FUND RAISING BENEFITS: more...
Adults: Age 15 and over on ride day.
Youth: Age 14 & under on ride day.
The Basic El Tour Entry Fee is comprised of three elements: Processing Fee, Registration Fee and Minimum Contribution for all riders. The Processing Fee goes up over time, please see the chart below. You will have an opportunity to raise more funds for Special Olympics after you initially register.
All participants must pay Level 1- Basic Entry in full at initial registration.
|Processing Fee Table|
|Jul 1 – Jul 31||$25|
|Aug 1 – Aug 31||$30|
|Sep 1 – Sep 30||$35|
|Oct 1 – Oct 31||$40|
|Nov 1 – Nov 15||$45|
|Nov 16 – Nov 21||$60|
Level 1 +++ Basic Entry for all Cyclists
|Level 1||Processing Fee||Registration Fee||Minimum Contribution||Event Entry||Event Benefits|
|Adult (15 & up)||See Above||$100||$20||YES||YES|
|Youth (14 & under)||$15||Free||$20||YES||YES|
After you register at the Basic Entry level above select a fundraising level
Levels 2 – 7 +++ Fundraise for Special Olympics and Earn Great Prizes
|Level||Additional Contribution||Special Olympics Team Shirt & Event Poster||Bike Seat Pack||Special Olympics Cycling Jersey||Hydration Pack and Conquistador Trophy||Cycling Glasses||Bicycle Trainer|
New in 2014: Fundraise ONLINE through Donor Drive! Special Olympics makes collecting contributions easier for you and your donors by setting up your own fundraising page. Registering online expedites the process!
New in 2014: All cyclsts must pay the Basic Entry Fee in full at initial registration
To be eligible for awards and prizes, all contributions by main event cyclists (104, 75, 55, or 40 miles) must be received by Perimeter Bicycling by Friday, November 21, 2014.
WIN THE TREASURE CHEST: The person who raises the most money for Special Olympics by Friday, November 21 is awarded the Treasure Chest with a bicycle, gifts and prizes valued over $3,000. To qualify, a minimum of $3,000 must be raised and turned in to Perimeter Bicycling by Friday, November 21, 2014 for main event cyclists.
Begin Registration Below