Indoor El Tour
Ride for minutes, not miles, anywhere in the world, and be involved in the Special Olympics 32nd El Tour de Tucson presented by Casino Del Sol Resort, for yourself, or your favorite charity.
|134||Roger Edgar||62||Leawood, KS||Project L.I.F.E.||Platinum|
|120||John Sanchez||54||Tucson, AZ||Project L.I.F.E.||Platinum|
|104||Anthony Rovito||65||Tucson, AZ||Project L.I.F.E.||Platinum|
|104||Kathy Rovito||64||Tucson, AZ||Project L.I.F.E.||Platinum|
|57||Pat Widder||61||Gilbert, AZ||Project L.I.F.E.||Silver|
|55||John Huston||83||Green Valley, AZ||Project L.I.F.E.||Silver|
Indoor El Tour is a cycling event without traffic, potholes or wind where you ride for MINUTES not miles! more...
Indoor El Tour is a cycling event without traffic, hills, potholes or wind – one in which you don’t need to worry about crashing or even wearing a helmet! It’s an event that is modeled after El Tour de Tucson’s Main Events and designed to help anyone start or continue the journey of living a healthy lifestyle. Participants can choose 10, 40, 55, 75 or 104 or more minutes and all finishers will receive an official Indoor El Tour Medallion and other benefits depending on the fundraising level you choose. All you need is a stationary bicycle or bicycle trainer and the drive to ride for minutes, not miles !
ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! You don't even have to leave your home more...
Indoor El Tour can be done ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! You don’t even have to leave your home and you can wear anything you want, even your birthday suit ! Any location will work – home, office, hotel gym, fitness center, school, or a friend’s backyard – as long as you have access to a stationary bicycle, you can be part of El Tour! You can even ride amid the excitement of our Sanofi El Tour Bicycle, Health & Fitness Expo (at the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave, Thursday, November 20 from 10am to 8pm or Friday, November 21 from 10am to 8pm) or at the Start/Finish Line in downtown Tucson, Armory Park on 6th Ave. at 12 St from 7am to 4pm on El Tour Ride Day on November 22nd. Please reserve a spot for riding at the Expo or at the Start/Finish Line. Mid Valley Athletic Club will be setting up stationary bicycles at the Sanofi El Tour Bicycle, Health & Fitness Expo and the Start Finish Line.
Indoor El Tour Centers – We welcome fitness centers, neighborhood associations, schools, businesses, fitness clubs, assisted living centers or apartment complexes. All you need is a stationary bicycle(s) where people can come to ride for time and a person to keep track of those riding! For more information please call 520-745-2033 or email: email@example.com.
If you wish to use an Indoor El Tour Center to ride your miles, please contact them to check availability of their stationary bicycles. As an Indoor El Tour Center, from November 15-22, there is no charge to use their stationary bicycles for the Indoor El Tour event. Indoor El Tour Centers: Arizona Health - 6245 E. 22nd St. – 520-790-5377 – Contact is LaMonte Hunley.
Hours (Nov. 15-22): Monday-Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 10am-4pm. Mid Valley Athletic Club - 140 S. Tucson Blvd – 520-792-3721 – Main contacts are Michael Urquhart or Carolyn LeCocq. Hours (Nov. 15-22): Monday-Thursday 5am-10pm, Friday 5am-8:30pm, Saturday 6am-7pm, Sunday 7am-7pm. Jewish Community Center - 3800 River Road – 520-299-3000 – Contact is Susan Frank. Hours (Nov. 15-22): Sunday 7am-8pm, Monday-Thursday 5:30am-10pm, Friday 5:30am-6pm, Saturday 7am-6pm. Please enter through the Cafe. Anytime Fitness - 7937 N. Oracle – 520-622-2514 – Contact is Erika Urbanski. Hours (Nov. 15-22): Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-4pm, Saturday 10am-12pm. Platinum Fitness Downtown - 110 S. Church Street, Suite 5030 – 520-623-6300 – Contact is Mary Barrett (at the East location, 520-751-0303) Hours (Nov. 15-22): Monday-Friday 5am-10pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm. Platinum Fitness Northwest - 7315 N. Oracle Road – 520-297-8000 – Contact is Mary Barrett (at the East location, 520-751-0303)Hours (Nov. 15-22): Monday-Friday 4am-11pm, Saturday-Sunday 5am-8pm. Platinum Fitness East - 5851 E. Speedway Blvd – 520-751-0303 – Contact is Mary Barrett. Hours (Nov. 15-22): Open 24 hours, every day.
One whole week! November 15-22 more...
One whole week! You get to choose any time you want between Saturday, November 15th and El Tour Ride Day on November 22nd.
Why ride Indoor El Tour?
Great way to stay or to start getting fit & healthy more...
Great way to stay or to start getting fit & healthy! It’s an event you can do alone, with your family, friends, business associates or neighbors; and one in which you can help raise funds for charitable agencies.
EASY STEPS TO REGISTER!
STEP 1: Locate a stationary bicycle or bicycle trainer. Set it up in your home, office, other place of your choice or go to a location that already has one like a fitness center, hotel gym, school or a local bike shop.
STEP 2: Determine how many minutes you will ride. You may choose any of the five Indoor El Tour events, which are modeled after El Tour de Tucson’s main events. The only difference is that you will ride for minutes not miles! 104 minutes or more = Platinum Medallion 75 – 103 minutes = Gold Medallion 55 – 74 minutes = Silver Medallion 40 – 54 minutes = Bronze Medallion 10 – 39 minutes = Fun Ride Medallion
STEP 3: Select one of the five Fee Levels & Benefits If you would like to ride for one of El Tour’s Beneficiaries, please register directly through them: Habitat for Humanity Tucson, Rotary International Polio Plus. To register for Indoor El Tour through Perimeter Bicycling for Project L.I.F.E. read on!
NOTE: All fees and contributions are to be made payable to Perimeter Bicycling Association of America, Inc., a 501 c (3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization. Net proceeds will benefit the Living In Fitness & Excellence (L.I.F.E.) Program. DEADLINE: All fees & contributions must be submitted by 8:00 pm on Friday, November 21, 2014 except for those who choose to ride Indoor El Tour on Ride Day at the Start/Finish location for the main events. SHIPPING & HANDLING CHARGES: Medallions and T-shirts are mailed complimentary; Poster has a shipping & handling charge of $7.00. A Conquistador Trophy’s shipping & handling is $20.00. Please include the applicable amount with your Indoor El Tour Application.
STEP 4: Complete an Indoor El Tour application with a beneficiary who is participating in the event: Habitat for Humanity Tucson, Rotary International Polio Plus, or an application from Perimeter Bicycling (application HERE) or if you prefer, register ONLINE now. Applications must be received by the beneficiary no later than November 8th. If you register with Perimeter Bicycling, the deadline is 8:00 pm on Friday, November 21, 2014. a) US MAIL – mail application with a check for the minimum fees to our main office prior to Friday, November 14th (so it will get to us on time). b) IN PERSON – come to our main office located at 2609 E Broadway in Tucson, drop off application along with a check for the minimum fees prior to Tuesday, November 18th @ 6:00pm. c) AT EXPO – come to the Registration area at the El Tour Bicycle, Health & Fitness Expo held at the Tucson Convention Center (Thu or Fri, Nov 20-21 – more info HERE) to turn in your application and check or money order – while you’re there enjoy all of the exhibits! d) RIDE DAY – Those riding at El Tour’s Start/Finish Line in downtown Tucson may register and pay at the Registration Tent. First come first served. Your ride must end by 4:00pm. e) ONLINE – deadline is Midnight on Tuesday, November 18th.
STEP 5: Ride your selected distance during El Tour week. There are no officials or monitors unless you are riding for an award. Indoor is based on the honor system. If you are riding for an award, you must ride Indoor El Tour at one of our pre-approved centers with an El Tour Official. Prior to your award attempt, call us at 520-745-2033, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or see our event schedule for approved indoor center.
STEP 6: After you finish your Indoor El Tour, mail or email the completed “Indoor El Tour Completion Form” to our office. You may either mail the form to our main address or submit all of the applicable information via email. Results will be posted throughout El Tour week so as soon as you complete your Indoor El Tour experience, send us the information so we can include you in the results! We also encourage you to include a photo of your Indoor El Tour experience for inclusion on our website, Facebook page and Tail Winds publication. The absolute deadline for these forms and any photos is December 1st. Submissions after December 1 will not be included in the results listings.
STEP 7: All awards, medallions, El Tour Conquistadors (handmade sculptures), posters and t-shirts will be mailed upon receipt of your “Indoor El Tour Completion Form” or may be picked up at the Perimeter Bicycling office during regular working hours.
Note: Medallions and t-shirts are mailed complimentary within the United States. Conquistadors (handmade sculptures) are mailed at a shipping and handling fee of $20. Shipping fee for posters: $7. Please include shipping fees with your Indoor El Tour Application or Completion Form. For shipping and handling fee outside of the continental U.S. contact the Indoor El Tour Director.
Beneficiary- Project L.I.F.E. (Living in Fitness and Excellence)
Project L.I.F.E. (Living In Fitness and Excellence) creates opportunities for youth to embrace bicycling as part of an active lifestyle by supporting youth event scholarships and school bike club activities. Project L.I.F.E. partners with a variety of community based organizations involved with youth fitness, safe routes to schools and education.
- Must be honest – the honor system applies.
- Must ride some form of a stationary bicycle: Lifecycle, bicycle on a trainer or rollers, handcycle, spin bike, etc. Note: Riding a bicycle on the road does not qualify.
- Indoor El Tour can only be done between Saturday November 15th at 7:00am and Saturday November 22nd at 4:00pm.
- While riding your Indoor event, your legs must be continually moving in a forward direction throughout your time on the stationary bicycle.
- Teams must have a team captain and each team member must indicate on application the name of the team – see awards section
- Riding for the record: 2013 Record Holder Randy Poland pedaled 715 minutes at the start/finish line. All record attempts must be observed by a pre-approved El Tour Official Monitor.
- For an official record after the first 104 minutes of continuous forward pedaling, participants may take a break for five minutes every hour then continue pedaling. Any break longer than 5 minutes will end the attempt.
- Rules for Teams are listed in Team Award Description.
- To be eligible for awards, participants must have an El Tour Official present and the Official must complete the Indoor El Tour Completion Form.
- You must submit the Indoor El Tour Completion Form on or before December 1, 2014.
Send in a photo of yourself doing Indoor El Tour – you may see your photo in our Tail Winds newspaper!
2013 results posted on El Tour results pages HERE
Results for past years are posted with El Tour results for their respective years/event.
All participants riding 10 minutes or more receive a special INDOOR medallion. All of the following award recipients receive an El Tour Conquistador (handmade sculpture) and will be posted on the Perimeter Bicycling Website in December and listed in Tail Winds, Jan/Feb issue.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Indoor El Tour Cyclists - given to the top three individuals who rode for the longest time on a stationary bicycle.
- Youngest Male & Female Indoor El Tour Cyclists - given to the one male and female (12 and under) who rode the longest time on a stationary bicycle.
- Most Distinguished Male & Female Indoor El Tour Cyclist - given to any one male and female (65 or older) who rode the longest time on a stationary bicycle.
- The Grand Fundraising Award - goes to any individual raising $1,000 or more for Project L.I.F.E. Each recipient will be listed in Tail Winds and on Perimeter’s website. Funds must be turned in no later than December 1, 2014.
- Indoor El Tour Treasure Chest - goes to the person who raises the most money for Project L.I.F.E. Must be over $3,000 and turned in by December 1, 2014.
- Community Team Award – Do the Indoor El Tour as a team! TEAM AWARD INFORMATION
- Get your friends, coworkers or neighbors together and register under one team name! You pick the name!
- Encourage as many people as possible to join your team – minimum of five (5).
- Select a Team Captain who will send in all registrations together and will make sure the Team Name is on each application.
- The Team Award goes to the one team that has accumulated the most minutes on a stationary bicycle.
- Education Team Award - This award goes any school who has accumulated the most minutes as a group in Indoor El Tour. A school includes students, faculty and/or staff of primary through college and/or vocational institution. Last year’s recipient of this award was: Desert View High School with 813 riders and 35,560 minutes
- Rules are the same as “Community Team Award” (see above)
Have you completed your Indoor El Tour ?
Are you an El Tour main event cyclist who did not ride the road event? Did you ride Indoor? Download your completion form, posted HERE when available.
DOWNLOAD YOUR COMPLTION FORM HERE… don’t forget the deadline is December 1st@