Registration is open NOW!
Info below is updated for 2015
There’s a host of information below and on this site. Please read it all so that you are well informed. The information includes fees & event benefits. You are responsible for knowing the rules, learning where to pick up your packet, start times & locations, etc.
You can skip/scroll to the READY TO REGISTER link below,
but we hope you’ll read all the information on this page so that you will be more informed.
Register early for the lowest fees possible and to get a lower rider number!
Don’t forget you can pay the processing fee up front and the balance at packet pickup!
No registration on ride day except for Fun Ride.
El Tour is a FUND RAISING EVENT!
Registering through Perimeter Bicycling (below, through this site) will give you an opportunity to raise funds for ALL our beneficiaries and a chance at the Treasure Chest. Each of El Tour’s SUPPORTING BENEFICIARIES have special programs and additional benefits if you register through them and raise contributions just for them.
Check them out!
(1/12/2015:some of them may not have their programs completely set up yet)
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Uphill Into the Wind
* El Tour goes on RAIN or SHINE *
- SELF PACKET PICK UP! You are required to pick up your own packet at Expo. PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS for event fees/contributions.
- Event entries are NOT transferable to another rider or event.
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS on merchandise.
Exchanges for another size may be accepted for merchandise
within two weeks of purchase.
- Please Read our Refund / Privacy Policies
You Must Familiarize Yourself With All Event Rules.
Some notable ones are below, please read the rest HERE :
- Aerobars are prohibited in all Perimeter Bicycling events except the 165-mile event in the Cochise County Cycling Classic. If they are on your bike, please remove them prior to the ride.
- CPSC-approved helmet required to be worn properly.
- Earbuds in BOTH ears are prohibited. One earbud is allowed but is discouraged so that you may be more aware of your surroundings.
- The course closes at 1:00pm. After 1:00pm you will be SAG’d to the finish line. Aid stations close BEFORE 1:00pm following a schedule that allows cyclists to finish BY 1:00pm. If you fall behind the closing schedule, you may lose route support. Please be mindful of this when you choose your ride distance!
- REGISTRATION CLOSES ON Friday, April 10, 2015. No registration on ride day except for Fun Ride.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES: Tuesday April 7, 2015.
- LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: Friday, April 10, 2015 at Expo/Packet Pickup for the 70 & 28 mile events. Fun Ride may register on ride day but may register sooner.
- Registration for the Fun Ride and Bike Patrol must be done on hardcopy application (posted when available).
Scroll Down To Learn More About
- El Tour Perimeter Store & the Event Jersey
- Membership in Perimeter Bicycling
- The Tour’s beneficiaries
- HOW TO USE THE ONLINE PROGRAM
- Downloading a hardcopy application
- Event benefits for all cyclists
- Fee options and fundraising benefits
- How to win the Treasure Chest
- General info about the event
El Tour Perimeter Store
Get your El Tour de Mesa Jersey! Pre-order with your registration or purchase at El Tour Perimeter Store where you can check out other merchandise.
Visit El Tour Perimeter Store today!
Perimeter Bicycling Membership
Did you know Perimeter Bicycling Association of America Inc. is a Nonprofit, membership supported 501(c)(3) organization? Our mission is to enhance wellness by promoting bicycling as a means to good mental and physical health by producing bicycling events benefiting other non-profit organizations.
Your participation supports this goal. Please consider becoming a member of Perimeter Bicycling as we continue to develop programs that enhance our community.
To learn more or become a member, click here.
January 1, 2015: click READY TO REGISTER below to register!
Prefer to register on paper? A pdf application can be Downloaded HERE.
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER is at Expo/Packet Pickup. Learn more…
How To Use The Online Program
New Users: you must create a USERNAME and PASSWORD.
This username/password combination is only for use with this online registration system. Username will be an email. If you’ve registered with us in the past on paper application, your email may already in the system – use the FORGOT PASSWORD link. After you read the rest of this page, click on the READY TO REGISTER link below to get started.
Returning Users: use your username is your email address. Use the forgot password link if you can’t get in. After you read the rest of this page, click on the READY TO REGISTER link below to get started.
Helpful Hint: Once you are logged into the system, in the PAYER section, use the name and exact billing address of the credit card you will be using to complete your transaction. If you’d like to use a different name or address for your registration, put that information in the RIDER INFORMATION section.
Event Benefits for all Registered Cyclists
- Medallion to all finishers
- Free admission to the Tour Expo/Packet Pickup
- Event t-shirt
- Fruit, snacks and water at aid stations every 7-12 miles
- SAG support
- Opportunity to earn special Awards
- Traffic control on route
- First Aid support
- Subscription to Tail Winds newspaper
- Electronically timed finish
- Results published on website and Tail Winds
2015 Fee Options and Fund Raising Benefits
Please remember, regardless of the registration level you choose, you can always support the Tour’s beneficiaries by raising more contributions. Your support helps continue vital programs and bring awareness to their causes. More about beneficiaries here.
Registration Options & Benefits
Adults: 15 & over on ride day Youths: 14 & under on ride day
Level 1 (Adult) & Level 6 (Youth): ONLINE only: fees must be paid in full.
Levels 2 – 5 (Adults & Youth): You have the option to pay the processing fee now and the balance later! When you register ONLINE, to pay only the processing fee NOW, please select LEVEL 2 (level 1 requires payment in full) . In step 7 of the process, select “optional payment.” You must pay the balance of fees/contributions to Perimeter Bicycling by Packet Pickup in the form of cash or check. Credit cards are not accepted for subsequent payments.
To be eligible for awards and prizes, all contributions by Main Event Cyclists (70 & 28 miles) must be received by Perimeter Bicycling by Friday, April 10, 2015. Fun Ride cyclists may turn in contributions on ride day.
LEVEL 5: EARN A CONQUISTADOR TROPHY!
Sign up to raise $1,000 or more for the Tour’s beneficiaries and you will earn a Conquistador Trophy (see below for details) and will receive all regular event benefits as well as an event poster.
A specially designed 18 x 24 poster commemorating the event.
View the complete poster collection.
These are used to purchase good and services at any “Perimeter Gift Center.” Collect $500 and more in contributions and receive two certificates for every $10. Certificate value = $1.00 each. For example, raise $500 in contributions and receive $100 in Gift Certificates. Contributions must be turned in by Friday, April 10, 2015.
This distinctive award is a unique sculpture symbolizing the “conquering” of the event. It’s not just for first place, or for raising money for the beneficiaries. Visit the AWARDS page to see how you can earn one.
This limited edition lightweight jersey is suitable for year-round cycling and features El Tour de Mesa. Visit El Tour Perimeter Store for details!
WIN THE TREASURE CHEST!
The person who registered directly with Perimeter Bicycling and raises & turns in the most money is awarded the Treasure Chest with a bicycle, gifts and prizes valued over $1,500! To qualify, a minimum of $3,000 must be raised and turned in to Perimeter Bicycling by Friday, April 10, 2015 for main event cyclists.
January 1, 2015: the READY TO REGISTER link below will take you to the online registration program!
Prefer to register on paper? A pdf application can be downloaded HERE.
More Important Links:
- Event Rules
- Platinum designation
- Route map & cue sheet
- Tour Expo/packet pick up
- Start lines and times
- The Tour’s Dedication Recipient
- … and more!
Still have questions?
Write to Registration
Call (520) 745-2033