On this page you can register for El Tour’s main event distances: 72 & 28 miles
2017 registration will open in January, 2017.
Bike Patrol information and registration can be found HERE
The Fun Ride info is HERE
It contains important information like: fee amounts & deadlines, event benefits and more. Even if you have done our events before, some information may have changed.
Please read this page thoroughly.
If you bypass it & jump to register, please return and read it….
– Thank you and have a great ride!
——ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED ——
El Tour is a FUND RAISING EVENT!
Registering through Perimeter Bicycling (below, through this site) will give you an opportunity to raise funds for our primary beneficiaries (Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Uphill Into the Wind) and a chance at the Treasure Chest. These agencies as well as El Tour’s SUPPORTING BENEFICIARIES have special programs with different/additional benefits if you register through them and raise contributions just for them. Check out all of our beneficiaries – they include:
Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Uphill Into The Wind
The ALS Association, AZ Chapter
MARC Community Resources, Inc.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society AZ Chapter
The Winded Foundation
Collecting contributions? Contact info (a) perimeterbicycling.com for a form to help you track your donors
* El Tour goes on RAIN or SHINE *
Scroll Down To Learn More About
- El Tour Perimeter Store & the Event Jersey
- Membership in Perimeter Bicycling
- The Tour’s beneficiaries
- HOW TO USE THE ONLINE PROGRAM
- Downloading a hardcopy application
- Event benefits for all cyclists
- Fee options and fundraising benefits
- How to win the Treasure Chest
- General info about the event
- SELF PACKET PICK UP! You are required to pick up your own packet at Expo. PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS for event fees/contributions.
- Event entries are NOT transferable to another rider or event.
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS on merchandise.
Exchanges for another size may be accepted for merchandise
within two weeks of purchase.
- Please Read our Refund / Privacy Policies
You Must Familiarize Yourself With All Event Rules.
Some notable ones are below, please read the rest HERE :
- Aerobars are prohibited in all Perimeter Bicycling events except the 165-mile event in the Cochise County Cycling Classic. If they are on your bike, please remove them prior to the ride.
- CPSC-approved helmet required to be worn properly.
- Earbuds in BOTH ears are prohibited. One earbud is allowed but is discouraged so that you may be more aware of your surroundings.
- Human powered vehicles only – no motor/assisted (gas or electric) bicycles.
- The course closes at 1:00pm. After 1:00pm you will be SAG’d to the finish line. Aid stations close BEFORE 1:00pm following a schedule that allows cyclists to finish BY 1:00pm. If you fall behind the closing schedule, you may lose route support. Please be mindful of this when you choose your ride distance!
- REGISTRATION FOR 2017 will open in January.
No registration on ride day except for Fun Ride
Please Review The Following Topics Before Registering
NOTE: Click the topic heading below to expand each section:
|||||||||HOW TO USE THE ONLINE PROGRAM (IMPORTANT): more...
you must create a USERNAME
which is only for use with this online registration system. Username is an email. If you’ve registered with us in the past on paper application, your email may already in the system – use the FORGOT PASSWORD link. After you read the rest of this page, click on the REGISTER NOW link below to get started.Returning Users:
use your username is your email address. Use the forgot password link if you can’t get in. After you read the rest of this page, click on the REGISTER NOW link below to get started.Helpful Hint:
Once you are logged into the system, in the PAYER section, use the name and exact billing address of the credit card you will be using to complete your transaction. If you’d like to use a different name or address for your registration, put that information in the RIDER INFORMATION section.
Event Benefits for all Registered Cyclists
- Medallion to all finishers
- Free admission to the Tour Expo/Packet Pickup
- Event t-shirt
- Fruit, snacks and water at aid stations every 7-12 miles
- SAG support
- Opportunity to earn special Awards
- Traffic control on route
- First Aid support
- Subscription to Tail Winds newspaper
- Electronically timed finish
- Results published on website and Tail Winds
|||||||||2016 Fee Options and Fund Raising Benefits: more...
THESE ARE 2016 FEES.
Fees may change in 2017.
Please remember, regardless of the registration level you choose, you can always support the Tour’s beneficiaries by raising more contributions. Your support helps continue vital programs and bring awareness to their causes. More about beneficiaries here.
|||||||||Registration Options & Benefits: more...
Adults: 15 & over on ride dayYouths: 14 & under on ride day Level 1 (Adult) & Level 6 (Youth): ONLINE only: fees must be paid in full.Levels 2 – 5 (Adults & Youth):
THESE ARE 2016 FEES. Fees may change in 2017.
You have the option to pay the processing fee now and the balance later! When you register ONLINE, to pay just the processing fee NOW, please select LEVEL 2 (level 1 requires payment in full) .
In step 7 of the process, select “optional payment.” You must pay the balance of fees/contributions to Perimeter Bicycling by Packet Pickup in the form of cash or check. Credit cards are not accepted for subsequent payments.
To be eligible for awards and prizes, all contributions by Main Event Cyclists (70 & 28 miles) must be received by Perimeter Bicycling by End of Expo/Packet Pickup the Friiday before event day.
Fun Ride cyclists may turn in contributions on ride day.LEVEL 5: EARN A CONQUISTADOR TROPHY!
Raise and turn in $1,000 or more to Perimeter Bicycling for the Tour’s beneficiaries and you will earn a Conquistador Trophy (see below for details) and will receive all regular event benefits as well as an event poster.Event Poster.
A specially designed 18 x 24 poster commemorating the event.
View the complete poster collection. Gift Certificates.
These are used to purchase good and services at any “Perimeter Gift Center
.” Collect $500 and more in contributions and receive 20% back in Gift Certificates! Certificate value = $1.00 each. For example, raise $500 in contributions and receive $100 in Gift Certificates. Contributions must be turned in by the Friday before ride day.
This distinctive award is a unique sculpture symbolizing the “conquering” of the event. It’s not just for first place, or for raising money for the beneficiaries. Visit the AWARDS
page to see how you can earn one.
This limited edition lightweight jersey is suitable for year-round cycling and features El Tour de Mesa. Visit El Tour Perimeter Store for details!
WIN THE TREASURE CHEST!
The person who registered directly with Perimeter Bicycling and raises & turns in the most money is awarded the Treasure Chest with a bicycle, gifts and prizes valued over $1,500! To qualify, a minimum of $3,000 must be raised and turned in to Perimeter Bicycling by Friday before ride day for main event cyclists.
The REGISTER NOW link below will take you to the online registration program
but as of the a few days before the event online registration is closed. Come to Expo/Packet Pickup and register in person!
Prefer to register on paper? A pdf application can be down loaded HERE when available.
El Tour Perimeter Store
Get your El Tour de Mesa Jersey! Pre-order with your registration or purchase at El Tour Perimeter Store where you can check out other merchandise.
Visit El Tour Perimeter Store today!
Perimeter Bicycling Membership
Did you know Perimeter Bicycling Association of America Inc. is a nonprofit, membership supported 501(c)(3) organization? Our mission is to enhance wellness by promoting bicycling as a means to good mental and physical health by producing bicycling events benefiting other non-profit organizations.
Your participation supports this goal. Please consider becoming a member of Perimeter Bicycling as we continue to develop programs that enhance our community.
To learn more or become a member, click here.
More Important Links:
Still have questions?
Write to Registration
Call (520) 745-2033