Support the Arizona Bicycle Center & Velodrome and the 2015 Bond Election
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
If you are a resident within the City of Tucson and/or Pima County, please take a few minutes of your time to support the Arizona Bicycle Center (ABC) & Velodrome project which is included in the proposed bond package for 2015.
The ABC is a multi-use facility which will include a classroom space for teaching bicycle safety classes, space for skill practice and a velodrome. It will be an excellent resource for youth and cyclists of all ages and abilities ~ from beginners to elite athletes.
Our local elected officials are in the process of determining whether to put the issue of a bond package before the voters in the November 2015 election. The proposed bond package would provide funding for a variety of important and meaningful community projects, including the proposed Arizona Bicycle Center & Velodrome. We are encouraging voters to voice their support for the proposed bond package.
You can help by emailing members of the Pima County Board of Supervisors and the Tucson City Council to urge their support for putting the bond package to a vote in 2015. Please send the message below before the next Bond Advisory Committee meeting on March 13.
You can copy and paste the following message into your email, or revise it as you please. The most important thing is to let the Pima County Board of Supervisors and the Tucson City Council know you want to have a voice with your vote:
Thank you for the work you are doing on behalf of our community.
I am writing to ask you to please support placing a bond package before voters in November 2015. The bond includes many projects important to Tucson and Pima County, especially for bicycling, economic growth, health and wellness, tourism and quality of life.
I am in support of a bond election in 2015. Please let the voices of the voters be heard.
(add your name and address here)
Please send the message above to the Pima County Supervisors below.
(For a map of Supervisorial Districts, click on this link or paste in your browser: http://webcms.pima.gov/UserFiles/Servers/Server_6/File/Map%20Room/SupervisorialDistricts/allpc_bosdist.pdf
- Ally Miller, District 1: email@example.com
- Ramón Valadez, District 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon Bronson, District 3: email@example.com
- Ray Carroll, District 4: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Elías, District 5: email@example.com
Please ask the City of Tucson Mayor and City Council for their support as well:
- Mayor Jonathan Rothschild: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regina Romero, Ward One: email@example.com
- Paul Cunningham, Ward Two: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karin Uhlich, Ward Three: email@example.com
- Shirley Scott, Ward Four: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Fimbres, Ward Five: email@example.com
- Steve Kozachik, Ward Six: firstname.lastname@example.org